Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lean Protein, Grape fruit and Japanese green tea

Well as part of this eating experiment, Day 18 down 18 pounds I will report that I have had success with eating very lean protein.

I am eating white fish, sirloin steaks, and chicken breasts. I have spent a little more and purchased grass fed beef, wild fish and free range chicken.

Hopefully dodging the hormones that I normally get in these products is helping.


Grapefruit has been very helpful, my diet consists of two servings of fruit, either an apple or 1/2 of a grapefruit. I will mention that the grapefruits have made the weight loss a little easier. On both days I ate only grapefruit I lost 1/2 lb more.

The last note is that I have been drinking copious amounts of green Tea. This is freshly made Japanese green tea served over ice and sometimes with a squeeze of lemon. I think the caffeine helps to suppress my appetite and keep me from Sugar crashing.

No comments: